Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Word-FILLED Wednesday

Today was my first day back in the gym and I have a feeling that I’m going to be paying for it tomorrow. Amanda is still enjoying her vacation; her husband took her to New Orleans for new years!! So, it was just me in the gym getting rocked by Jillian. Although she’s tough, it was a great workout. I feel awesome and I even ran a little bit (teeny, tiny bit) on the treadmill before I showered and went back to work.

Tomorrow, I’m going to try Katie’s upper body workout (#1) with a 10 minute run. If I’m going to get my butt into shape for this half marathon, I’ve got work to do!


Dinner is going to be either honey lime chicken enchiladas or chicken bacon apple quesadillas. Fingers crossed that Cassie’s recipe turns out better than last nights.

I’m going to get our new salt and pepper grinders from Williams-Sonoma after work and couldn’t be more thrilled! A while ago we bought these because they look nice and practical, or so we thought. 


UGH… so not the case. We had to exchange the pepper a few weeks after our purchase because it just stopped grinding! W-H-A-T!?!? Of course, the ladies at W-S exchanged it for us, no problem at all. Oh, they are so stinkin’ nice there. *We try to purchase from there before anywhere else because they have fabulous exchange / return policies and have always treated us so well.* I digress. Today, I’ll be picking up these beauties. 


Not much to look at compared to the Peugeots, I know. But, they do all of the work! I was a bit leery, especially because of the price difference, but  as I was explaining to the gal behind the cash wrap another customer came up behind me and she just raved about them. In fact, she was coming back to get a second set for her other kitchen (yes, she has TWO in her home). She actually had the same dilemma we did; bought the Peugeots because they looked nice and had to return them. Anyway, I’m excited… can you tell? No longer will I hear “the cook” curse and mumble when he’s getting the steaks ready on Thursday nights. Yep, this is going to be a great addition to the household!

Oh, and I had a credit at Groupon so I picked up Matt Whiskey-Stones (no idea, but someone had them at New years Eve and he knew what they were. I figured he'd like a little gift) and I got a pedometer. Sort of excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment