Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ask and ye shall receive...

If you can't tell I had help and figured out the blog bug. Thank goodness!!

I took this whole week off work in hopes that I'd clean from top to bottom, entertain for Thanksgiving, then decorate for Christmas, but I've had the world's worst cold (I know, that makes me sound like a wimp) the last few days and things aren't going according to plan. Yes, I hear God laughing right now too :c)

I've been cleaning here and there, but I have no motivation for an all out clean as I has hoped for so I've called in reinforcements. Thankfully, I have a great mother-in-law who's always willing to help, one sister-in-law who is just like me (neat and tiddy) and another sister-in-law who likes my company. My, how times have changed! Two years ago when it was a Guido/Exton Thanksgiving I didn't listen to anyone except my mom and aunt when it came to food and was completely convinced that no one could clean like Jim Guido. I'm so looking forward to setting the table, watching Matt cook the turkey on the Big Green Egg as I bake my little heart out, and sharing an excellent day with my in-laws.

Hopefully, I'll remember to take pictures of the table because I have put a lot of work into the decorations. Remember, cooking is SO not in my blood but I can host an affair to remember.

There is the buzzer for the pumpkin cake. I'll leave you with our dinner / events calendar for the week:
Monday: pizza & Young Marrieds
Tuesday: leftovers (pizza, chicken pot pit [that I made FROM SCRATCH last week], etc.)
Wednesday: lasagna; take the car in (again); clean, clean, clean & set up the dining room table
Thursday: TURKEY DAY!!
Friday: lights at the zoo with family & Bob Evans for dinner (an Exton tradition)
Saturday: Breaking Dawn with Rachel, Katie & Mary; OSU v UofM game; leftovers from the 19 lb bird we bought at Costco at $0.99 a lb!!

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment