Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Choosing Faith over Fear

Courtney at Women Living Well has challenged me this past year I've spent in 'blogger land' and today is definitely no exception. I've been working on a stronger relationship with God, reading his word, blogging about my experiences, and talking to friends virtually and face-to-face.

Yesterday, I fell and I fell HARD. I chose not to read the verses laid out in my GMG reading plan and just do what I wanted. All I could think when I got home was "if Matt's not going to fill my love tank then I certainly won't go out of my way to fill his." Oh, what am I saying? Why would I want to make the man I love feel unworthy? Why would I want to tear him down?

Today, I was convicted. As soon as I opened up to James 3:14 I knew God was speaking about me so I should listen. Selfish actions yield cruelty towards others. Bitterness, jealousy, & selfishness are all earthly, nonspiritual, & demonic emotions (YIKES!). Get it out of your heart and mind. Turn from selfish desires. Run, sprint to Jesus, proclaim his name and stake on your heart and life so that the enemy will flee.

Oh Lord, please remove this sin from my heart. It hurts others & causes separation from Him... why would we want to give into that? Why would we chase that instead of chasing Him? I am asking God to create in me a clean heart, continue to show me how to protect my heart & mind, & teach me to fleefrom the devil, the traps that he sets, and RUN into God.

No comments:

Post a Comment