Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mined for gold

"Men are developed the same way gold is mined. When mining for gold several tons of dirt must be moved to get one ounce. But one doesn't go into the mine looking for dirt - one goes in looking for GOLD. And, the more he looks for, the more he finds." -Andrew Carnegie


I remember the day I first read this quote; however I don't remember exactly where I saw it. It was one of those “Oh, he (aka – the hubs) so needs to hear this. It explains EVERYTHING!” I wrote it out and posted it on my cube wall for those days I needed to be reminded that living with my man is-a-process.

Little did I know what God would do to me as I was attempting to mined my husband.

As I’ve told you all before, I read The Power of a Praying Wife almost every day. At first, it was tough to swallow my pride and pray for a man who had just made my blood boil. It was difficult to pray without adding “change him Father” thoughts at the end. I shrugged off my need to be cleaned because I was singing and praising God at church, I was in a woman’s bible study, I was reading and applying every marriage book known to woman, I was the positive, loving one, I was… (you get the picture). Sure, I’ll listen to Stormie Omartian and I’d pray for my husband just so God could do wonders in his life. Then, he’d see just how great he had it!

As I prayed for my husband, read more marriage books and found more Christian blogs, I noticed that God’s word became wall paper in my cube and in my heart. The pictures of family and friends became less important as I would look to God’s word for smiles, comfort, love, and safety.

As I prayed for my man’s mind, fears, and attitude to be changed by God my mind, fears, and attitude seemed to change. As I dug further into the dirt, I found little specs of gold in me I never knew existed. God began show me more beauty in my life, stronger faith that would move mountains, grace, forgiveness, righteousness and strength, and most importantly LOVE in a damaged heart.

What started out as an “I’ll show him how great of a prayer warrior I can be” attitude with a little, okay big chip on my shoulder, turned into an amazing love for and friendship with a man I now admire and look to for leadership.

I am so thankful God decided to show the gold in my life as I vengefully dug through the dirt I thought was my husbands. Through storms and torn hearts, laughter and love I will praise an amazing God who continually mineds my development and shows me gold.



1 comment:

  1. This was amazing! It sounds just like my testimony but I am so thankful that you are learning all this at a much younger age! A great marriage is a huge blessing.

    Thanks for linking up. I will be moving them to Tuesdays for now on.

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete