Friday, December 23, 2011

It's Friday!!

I hope that you all had a great week, getting ready for Christmas. I can't believe that it's in just a few days. No snow on the ground, no hats, scarves or gloves worn yet, and no mention of salt or snow shovel. It certainly doesn't feel like Christmas to me without all of those things.

But, maybe there is something in the lack of traditional Christmas affects around here thus far. I've been questioning the craziness, the stress and the anxiety people feel buying the perfect gift, decorating just-so, and making those oh-so-delicious & beautiful cookies. Why do I need snow, warm fuzzies, cookies and gifts to feel like it's Christmas?

Christmas is about Jesus's birth. We should be celebrating His birthday and counting ourselves blessed because of the gift He's given us. I'm working so hard to fill it with glitz and glam, taking Him completely out of the equation, and missing the true reason we celebrate this time of year.

It's time to slow down, be thankful for what I have, and celebrate the birth of Jesus. Merry Christmas everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment