Monday, July 26, 2010

CHC

A few months ago I stumbled over Courtney's blog, Women Living Well, and have been inspired every week since. She's a stay at home mom, loving wife who's living for God and trusting him in every aspect of her life. She's a fabulous Christian woman who you should definitely check out!

At the beginning of June, she started a Completing Him Challenge which I'm completing with her and many others. It's about becoming the wife your husband needs as you follow God's commandment in Ephesians 5:21-24. This can be such a difficult topic that I gladly accept others insight.

This week is challenge #7: Following Your Husbands Vision. Support his vision. Discuss his vision for your family. Where does he see your family in 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years. Share with us how you let your husband lead.

Matt and I talk often about our short term goals because sometimes our "wants" turn into "needs." At that point, we need the other to redirect our thinking to the list:

1. Pay off ALL debt - we have been truly blessed by his family and have been able to tackle our debt as we live rent free in his grandfather's home. A good friend introduced us to Dave Ramsey and we've put into practice his philosophies. We're so close to paying off loan #3!
2. Buy a house - hopefully this time next year we will be debt free and find the house God has prepared for us.



His long term goals for our family include:
1. Trusting God to continue to prosper his law firm.
2. Allowing me to be a full-time stay-at-home mom once we begin to expand our family.
3. Teaching me to become a better cook - I'm a work in progress!

As we grow as a family God has brought our dreams and visions more in line and paved the road to achieve them together. My prayer daily is that he keep us equally yoked on every situation, no matter how big or small. When one of us 'gets rowdy' and begins to pull away, I ask God to give a tug and remind us of that paves road. Sometimes it is hard, but with his guidance and our prayers / faith, I know God's will be done.

I'm off to the kitchen to work on LTG #3. I'm making Thai Tilapia with Peanut Sauce.
Fingers crossed Betty didn't steer me wrong!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Becca,
    Thanks for allowing me to visit your blog...
    Our short-term goals are the same (with one extra). It's good to tackle debt early in marriage or it will keep draining you.
    Be blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are well on your way to becoming the woman you'd like to be for both your God and husband. Keep up the good work!

    Many Blessings,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby is a lawyer too. :) Blessings on your marriage as you pay off your debt and buy a home!

    Brittany @ The High-Heeled Housewife

    ReplyDelete