Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I’ve Learned Wednesday

I’m taking a cue from some of the other blogs I read and creating a WILW schedule, I hope. I’ve learned so much since becoming a wife and turning 30 that I don’t want to forget it. Also, someday I hope that I my failures / mistakes and praises / triumphs can help others. Mainly I’d like to help the girls that I don’t have, but that’s a whole other ‘schedule.’

  •  save, Save, SAVE!! The earlier you learn this lesson, the more financial freedom you will have. 
  • Live each day as your last. No really… I mean it. If you keep a mindset of ‘any day now’ you’ll love more, argue less, and look at the world differently than those around you. We weren’t meant for this world anyways. Remember, it is nothing compared to what heaven will be like. 
  • Grandma Reeher’s ruby ring wasn’t real, but she wore it every day. My parents gave it to me for my 31st birthday. So now, so will I. 
  • Speaking of Grandma Reeher, no matter what my mom says she was pretty neat. She was a whiz in the kitchen: cooking up a storm, baking the best brownies, making pies from the berries she picked in the backyard at the lake. She was completely domestic! She may have only been 4 foot nothing but she was special. I wish that I would have learned more from her before she passed away. 
  • Act on those feelings inside of you, even if it feels funny. Chances are God has a blessing for you in them.
  • Don’t hold back an ‘I love you squeeze’ or holding hands in church because ‘he doesn’t like that.’ You’d be surprised at how your man reacts to your slightest touch.
  •  Don’t play with your ring! You may just lose it at work, freak out for a short second, and contemplate asking your boss to come to your cube to ‘help you look.’ Then, on your way to his office, realize it fell in your cardigan pocket and look foolish just standing in his doorway.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment